Black Diamond™ is GemSeal’s new, high performance alternative to asphalt emulsion (AE) sealer and refined tar sealer.
With all the environmental benefits of AE sealer, Black Diamond exceeds AE performance with longer durability, increased toughness against power steering marks, and stays black. Black Diamond also provides performance similar to refined tar sealer’s fuel resistance, durability, and ease of application.
Finally, like all GemSeal pavement sealers, Black Diamond is manufactured with our precision colloid mill system, providing a product that will always be consistent and backed by our nationally recognized quality assurance program.
Features & Benefits
- Durable – longer lasting than AE sealers
- Color stable – eliminates graying issues; will stay black and not fade
- Fuel resistant – resists gasoline and oil penetration similar to refined tar sealer
- Tougher – resists power steering marks
- Water based Low VOC – less than 100 grams per liter
- Easy to apply – applies as smoothly as refined tar sealers
- Burn free – crews will love to work with it!
- Temperature friendly – can be applied in lower temperatures than AE sealers
- Weatherproof – seals out damaging effects of water and oil, extending the life of asphalt pavement
- Consistent – manufactured in our precision colloid mill system, which takes the mystery out of mix design
Black Diamond meets the following standards listed below:
- ASTM D5
- ASTM D140
- ASTM D466
- ASTM D529
- ASTM D2939
- ASTM D36
- ASTM D4799
The following specifications have been used in the industry to set standards for coal tar-based products. Black Diamond does not contain coal tar; therefore, the industry specifications are not applicable. However, Black Diamond does meet industry performance standards as follows:
- ASTM D5727
- ASTM D 490
- ASTM 3423
- FAA P-625; P-627; and P-630
1 gal – ITEM #60310277